Summer Mood


Ahh... the Summer months are close and I can smell the sunblock, ocean air and salty sweetness of a strawberry margarita. However, I hate the heat so I have to get myself worked up and excited about the heated days. 

So here is a list of stuff that helps get into the Summer mood and/or keeps me inside where its cool! 

Movies

 I don't care for the heat that comes along with the summer months, so here are some of the movies I like to watch around this time of year to really get me in the summer mindset.

Grease (1978) 
Rating - PG13
I picked this one cause It a CLASSIC! And the music is catchy AF! 

Parent Trap (1998)
Rating - PG
I think we all wanted to go to a summer camp when we were younger, plus this is a nostalgia film for me and its something the whole fam can watch! 

Dazed and Confessed (1993)
Rating - R
It reminds me a little being in high school(keyword Little). But its funny has the reminiscence of getting out for summer break.

Now and Then (1995)
Rating - PG13
Plain and simple this film is nostalgia for me, I remember watching this on tv as a kid on summer break. 

I Know What You Did Last Summer (1997)
Rating - R
I watch this when I'm done with all the summer fling romance movies and I need a good fright!

The Goonies (1985)
Rating - PG
Classic!Adventure!Chuck! Need I say more?!

Little Mermaid (1989)
Rating - G
Ahh, my birth year movie... I think my parents had the VHS for my older sister and so we watched it all the time! I mean ALL THE TIME! Like watch the whole movie rewinding back and watching it again.. ALL DAY LONG! So I watch every year! and the music is catchy!

Dirty Dancing (1987)
Rating - PG13
Nobody puts Baby in the corner! Classic Hello!

50 First Dates (2004)
Rating -  PG13
First of all, it takes place in the beautiful islands of Hawaii so a lot of beach shots. It's not just the setting, this movie funny and sweet. I mean it's an Adam Sandler's movie so need I say more...

Heartbreakers (2001)
Rating - PG13
Funny, Con-women, Plam Beach! I don't know about you but sounds like a good time to waste 2 hours in the air conditioner.

Tv

Tv is another way to get me excited with all the Tv premiers and returns.

Pose (2018)
Network- FX
Premiers- June 3 (Airs on Sundays)
Has already air but for the first episode, I love it! I can not wait for the next one!

Dietland (2018)
Network-AMC
Premiers- June 4 (Airs on Mondays)
Has also already aired but I haven't found it, unfortunately, it's not on Hulu! But for the trailer, it looks really good!

Sense8 (2015)
Network- Netflix
Finale - June 8 
I had stumbled upon this show one night when I couldn't sleep and was in a bad show rut, I had seen the trailer for it a year ago, I liked the trailer but just didn't watch it. So I binge the first two seasons in a weekend and was sad to find out that talk around the water cooler is that they were not gonna make a third season, BUT! a month or so ago they announced they were gonna to do a finale movie for the show, which I can live with... 

Network-FreeForm
Season 2- June 12 (Airs on Tuesdays)
I'm on vacation with the Fam, I happen to be flipping channels and stop on FreeForm, which I was lucky enough to catch the first and second episode of this tv show. And I just really liked it! it's inspired me. 

Big Brother (2000)
Network-CBS
Season 20- June 27 (Airs on a Wednesdays, Thursdays, Sundays)
I LOVE BB! I am a huge fan! I haven't watched every season cause I didn't care for some of the cast of whatever season but I watched the majority of bb seasons! 

Nailed it! (2018)
Network- Netflix
Season 2 -June 29
If you're a baker you would love this show!!! SO FREAKIN FUNNY!

Books

Instead of a long reading list, I made myself a Reading Challenge! I made this in the hopes of finishing series and reading new ones, reading the books I've been putting off for years now. 



Music

I love music and I love all types but during the hot long months of summer I try to keep it upbeat and something to dance too. So here is my music playlist that I listen to all summer long! 

This Year Playlist!
And Last Year...

-Samantha xo💋


Comments

Popular Posts