Show Hole and Reading Slump! HELP!

UPDATED



There comes a time in everyone lives where they find themselves in a show hole or reading slump it's even worse when your in both ... at the same time! Ah... How? Where? What do I do with my hands? We've all asked these questions at some point during our slumps... How do I get out of this? Where do I start? and my response to giving up or just really frustrated, What do I do with my hands!? 

Well not to worry cause I did some research! So hopefully this helps you and me. Cause I'm in reading slump and about to be in a show-hole, we need all the help we can get!

How and Where

I have been in plenty of show holes and reading slumps over the years but how to get over and where to start is sometimes not easy to slove.


Show Hole- When you finish a TV series and your life has no meaning anymore.
-Urban Dictionary 

How do get over it?

🎥Binging on movies 
sometimes watching your favorite movies or even finding new movies to watch can be useful. What I like to do is watch Movies series like Harry Potter, Star Wars, even Twilight can sometimes help.

📚Reading
I know how does this help when you're in a show hole and a reading slump. Well sometimes your not ways in a reading slump, so picking up a good book can help!

📺Rewatching TV series 
We all have the tried and true tv shows we watch every year.
mines include
Gilmore Girls- Thanks to my older sister, this has been my number 1 tried and true for the last few years. ((Netflix))
Charmed- I know a little cheesy but its a nostalgia pick for me.  ((Netflix))
Others- Game of Thrones, Friends, Outlander, Black Mirror, Dexter, Grey's Anatomy... There is just too many!!!

Where to start?

Searching genres, Ask for a recommendation, Google

Searching genres are super easy (unless you are on Netflix than just google "what to watch on Netflix" tons of videos and links pop up)

Asking for a recommendation is also a good way to find something new to watch, surprisingly my dad recommends stuff all the time and my sister. without my dad, I would have never watched Dexter.

Google is pretty self-explanatory



Reading Slump-   1. Just like a show hole when you finally read the last page of the book you couldn't put down, it is sometimes very hard to leave the characters and their world you just immerse yourself into. And every other book just can't compete. 
2. When every book you've picked up or started to read just isn't holding your interested, and at this point, you know you are in a reading slump.

How to get over it?

📺Watching movies or a Tv series
I know you feel like watching a movie is my answer for everything, but truth be told it can really help. A good movie or Tv series can give you the break you're looking for, special a TV series. Suggestions above ⇡ in rewatching TV series.

📚Try reading a graphic novel or a book short stories
I haven't tried this yet, this was recommended on a website or a youtube video I can't remember, but the point is that a graphic novel might help cause it has pictures and light reading. As for short stories might be your thing if graphic novel arent. I really enjoyed Neil Gaiman Unnatural Creatures  I didn't read all the stories in this book. However, this is a really good read for the month of October.

🎧Listening to audiobooks
This one is more of positive whether you like it or not. How so, well it either works and puts you in the story without overworking your brain. Or the voicist is just horrible enough to make you want to read it your self.

Where to start?

Google, YouTube, Goodreads, Your Local Library

As for TV and Movies stick to what you know. Watch movies and TV favorites.

Graphic novels and short shorties, Reviews on YouTube and Goodreads can help with that.

My Library has two apps that I can listen to the audiobooks for free! A Library is a good way to check out books and graphic novels your not sure you want to buy, but want to read.



I hope this helps a little or at least gets you to search your own way out of that wormhole.

Others places to look for book recommendations: Epic Reads Blog -I use to look here for books and kind of forgot about it for awhile...But I rediscover their blog section and just found a couple anticipated book I need to add to my TBR!
 Smart Bitches, Trashy Books -New! I just check this place out and I loved it! I found a couple of books and a graphic novel to add to my TBR


Go on and read boldly and watch in anticipation.
-Samantha xo

Comments

Popular Posts